Submission Guidelines for Doctoral Dissertations
Who Can Submit
DigitalCommons only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of the University of Connecticut Graduate School. For additional information, please contact, UConn Graduate School, email@example.com..
SIGN UP FOR YOUR ACCOUNT
1. Click on the Submit Research link in the left menu bar.
2. Click link for New User. Create a free account.
3. Complete the form (required fields appear in red).
4. Click on Sign Up.
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR DISSERTATION, HAVE THE FOLLOWING
1. Full text of your dissertations in Word or PDF format.
3. Supplementary Files (images, sound, etc.) that are an integral part of the dissertations, but not part of the full text.
4. Advisor's Name.
5. Subject Category. You must choose at least one main category from the supplied list. Three optional secondary subject areas may also be entered.
SUBMISSION AGREEMENT FOR DISSERTATIONS
During dissertation submission you will be asked to accept the following terms of granting DigitalCommons@UConn the right to post your work:
"I hold the copyright to this article or have been authorized by the copyright holder to upload this article for distribution, and agree to permit this document to be posted in Dissertations.
I warrant that the posting of the work does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libelous matter, nor invade the privacy of any person or third party, nor otherwise violate Repository policies.
I understand that accepted dissertations may be posted immediately as submitted, unless the submitting author requests otherwise. No revisions are permitted once accepted by the Graduate School Administrator."
ENTER INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DISSERTATIONS
1. Title of your Dissertation
2. Author information
3. Date of Completion
5. Major Advisor
6. Co-Major Advisor
7. Field of Study
9. Access Control: Please choose either Open Access (full content available to all) or Campus Access (full content only available to those using a computer on the UConn campus, to those with a UConn email address, or through interlibrary loan).
10. Embargo options: choose either no embargo period or a 6 months, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 years embargo period from the drop down box on the submission form.
11. Abstract: Only plain text is supported for the abstract (fonts and text style changes are not preserved). If you would like to include bold or italic text in your abstract, HTML tags may be used. Please only include a brief summary of the content of your dissertation in this field. This should be a paragraph or two, although it can be longer. Do NOT type the heading required in the body of your dissertation in the abstract field of the submission form. Example, do NOT type:
TITLE OF DISSERTATION
NAME OF STUDENT, B.A. COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
Ph.D., UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
Directed by: Professor Smith
UPLOADING THE FULL TEXT FILE
Check off "Upload a file"
Click the "Browse" button to locate your dissertation on your computer.
Check off "Upload a file"
Your dissertation should be uploaded as a Word or a PDF files. If you upload a Word document, the system will automatically convert it to a PDF for you. (If you have additional files such as sound or video clips, image files, etc. that must also be submitted, check off the box indicating that you would like to add additional files).
If you do not have any additional files to upload, click the "Submit" button. SUCCESS!
Please contact the UConn Grad School, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any further questions.